Making Your Clothes Closet Usable
Evaluate what is living in your closet. Determine the potential use of the clothes stored in your closet. How likely are you to use the garments hanging in there? Avoid spending time re-pressing clothes due to cramped quarters when your clothes will not be used in the future. Maximize your usable clothes closet space.
- Cramped closets can be avoided by creating a spring-cleaning environment. Create a working area in your room where you can lay clothes—perhaps on the bed. Now start pulling out clothes and laying them out in piles. Create a keep pile, a throwaway pile, and a "maybe" pile. As you pull clothes out of your closet place your garments in the appropriate pile. Discard old clothes. Fold clothes that can be placed in drawers instead of your closet.
- Place shoes and purses inside your closet that coordinate with your clothes. Finding clothes ensembles will be simpler when shoes and accessories are all together.
- Install shelves in your closet. Space can be condensed with the appropriate height for storing your clothes. Closet shelves can range from inexpensive to very expensive. Consider your needs, budget, and then head out to your favorite home improvement store.
- Shoe storage units are available online or in stores. A variety of shoe holding units are available to accommodate the many closet sizes. The multi-level units can provide space for many pairs of shoes. The units also allow you to maximize space in your closet.
- Hanging tie storage hangers inside closet doors can help you keep your ties wrinkle-free and available for use.
- As you look inside your closet how much extra space do you see? Can you use more rods to divide your closet space? Install extra rods to accommodate more clothes within your closet.
- Keep extra hangers in a different closet or location. Keep one or two extra hangers. Hangers take up space you may not have.
- Do you have a wall in your room that you are not using? Place a multi-drawer bureau near your clothes closet to make it easier to coordinate your attire. The proximity of the units allows you to remember to check other areas that you store your clothes.
- There are numerous styles of multi-shirt or blouse hangers that can be used to hang your garments. The hangers usually hang shirts or blouses in a vertical fashion providing you with the most out of your closet space.
Creativity and perseverance is the key to obtaining the most of your room area. Maintaining a good handle on closet space can go miles into the time saved in clothes maintenance. Saving work time provides you with more off time to enjoy things that life has to offer.
Nilsa is currently working on her first novel. She is author of numerous newspaper and magazine articles, and poems of which one has been published in a book of poetry. She and her husband reside in the foothills of one of Colorado's most beautiful mountains. Learn more about Nilsa...
Effective time management can reduce stress levels by accomplishing tasks on time by using simple efficient steps. Time ...
Organizing the New Job Search
With so many companies closing their doors, it is not unusual to hear of someone searching for a new job. Organizing ...
Finding Time for Yourself
Stress is just seconds away if we do not become aware of the symptoms. Headaches, body aches, and illnesses can become a ...
Bedroom Spring Cleaning
Is your bedroom so bad that you feel that you are avoiding it? Spring cleaning is a great way to reclaim your sanctuary. ...
Ways to Better Organize Your Linens
Linen closets are typically high among the areas of the home that need the most organizational help. Here is a strategy ...
De-cluttering the Bedroom
Does your bedroom keep getting full of junk, no matter how many times you clean it? Or is this a once-in-awhile problem? ...