Effective Kitchen Organization
Do you find yourself walking across the kitchen to grab a cup to walk back again to your starting point to pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea? Perhaps you are cooking at the stove and are in immediate need of pulling out food from a very hot skillet but your spatula is in the utensil drawer next to the glasses on the other side of the kitchen. If you find yourself tackling these problems, you may find you are in need of an effective kitchen organization system.
- Take a good look around your kitchen. What areas do you find yourself using the most? Once you have determined the areas of your kitchen most frequented, you may want to organize your kitchen by sections. Placing your drinking glasses by your refrigerator may work great doe having glasses quickly at hand for pouring your beverages. A stylish mug holder by the coffee pot or teakettle may facilitate pouring of your favorite hot beverages. Keeping your coffee or tea bags, sweeteners, and dry creamers inside a canister by your coffee pot or teakettle can further keep your area self-contained.
- Placing spices, your favorite cookbooks, and recipes near your stove comes in very handy when cooking your special dishes. You are able to review your recipe and determine if you have all of the necessary ingredients to create your mealtime dish. Placing a grocery list pad on your refrigerator or on a corkboard within your kitchen can enable you to write down necessary ingredients at the moment you are cooking so you will not forget to pick those necessary items on your next grocery run in the event you do not have what you need at present for your meal preparation.
- Most kitchens have a utensil holder next to the stove area. How about having more than one utensil holder within your kitchen area? Having your baking utensils next to your mixer, food processor, or inside a kitchen drawer next to your baking goods area may help you pull out necessary kitchen items when preparing your delicious baked goods. Placing a kitchen timer near your oven or baking items will keep all necessary items in the same area. No need to waste precious time hunting for your food cooking items.
- Adding wire storage holders to the inside of your kitchen cabinets can add to the storage capacity of your kitchen. Storage holders can be added to the inside of your closet doors. Another idea is to add extra shelves inside your cabinet by converting one shelf into two or three smaller levels for your kitchen bowls and saucepans.
- Placing lids with mixing or storage bowls can eliminate the needless search for the correct size lid. Use this same concept with your saucepans and skillets. Keeping everything together can help you avoid wasting time in the kitchen.
Keeping a kitchen effectively organized is dependent on individual preferences. Someone who does not spend many mealtimes at home may find his or her organization in the kitchen will vastly differ from those who prefer staying in for his or her dining. Someone who entertains frequently may find he or she may prefer leaving out food processors, hanging up saucepans and skillets, or having spice racks nailed to the kitchen walls. Whatever your preference, enjoy organizing your kitchen to be the most effective it can be.
Nilsa is currently working on her first novel. She is author of numerous newspaper and magazine articles, and poems of which one has been published in a book of poetry. She and her husband reside in the foothills of one of Colorado's most beautiful mountains. Learn more about Nilsa...
Organizing Shopping Trips
Unnecessary trips to the stores can be a thing of the past when you organize your trips in advance. Save gas and time by ...
Space-Saving Bedroom Storage Ideas
More than any room in your home, your bedroom is supposed to be a safe haven. It is the place you lay your head down at ...
Christmas Decoration Storage
Holidays are an exciting time of the year. Keeping the excitement going once the event is over can be difficult to do ...
Organizing Food Storage Containers
No one really likes to throw away good food at the end of dinner, and in these days of financial hardship this is even ...
Organize Storage Containers
Organizing plastic containers can become a tedious job if not done regularly. You know that frustrated feeling when you ...
Organizing Kitchen Cabinets
Have you ever gone into your kitchen cabinets looking for that garlic powder that you know you just bought last week? ...