Organizing Books By the Bed
You head off to bed after a very long and tiring day. You are exhausted and cannot wait to jump into bed to snuggle up with your favorite book. The only problem you have is finding the book. Eliminate the time-consuming book search by organizing your books by your bed.
- Place the book you are currently reading on your nightstand within arm's reach. Put only the essentials on top of your nightstand such as a table lamp, clock, telephone, or coaster for your favorite bedtime beverage. The search for your favorite book will be minimized.
- Should your bed come equipped with a bookshelf, have fun organizing your books. You can arrange your books by authors' names or genre—action, mystery, romance, science fiction, poetry, or autobiography to name a few. Placing books by category will assist you in finding and putting books back in the right place.
- No need to get out of bed to locate the book you want to read after you are already in bed. Placing the book you are reading closest to you on your bed's bookshelf will reduce the times you need to get out of bed.
- Clear storage plastic boxes with lids are a great way to organize your books when beds do not have bookshelves. Grab a couple of storage boxes and place them under your bed. You may want to label your storage boxes for an easier search of your books. Keeping your storage containers alphabetized might help you find books effortlessly. If you enjoy reading more than one book at a time, place the books you are currently reading in a smaller storage container closest to your side of the bed.
- Baskets are another decorative touch to your bedroom. Slide your favorite books in a basket by your bed. Not only will the baskets enhance your room's furnishings, having your books available may entice you to skip television so you can continue your reading adventures.
- Everyone is unique. Find what is important to you when you organize your books by your bed. Once you have all of your books you may want to have your books organized by size, thickness, or height. Those are your books; organize them as you would like them to look. If you want your books organized on your bed's headboard, then do so. Books neatly arranged will make you feel better and more accomplished in how your room looks.
- Finally enjoy, enjoy and enjoy winding down for the day with a great book. Another idea is to place photos of fun vacation spots or pictures of loved family members or friends next to your books. Photos can help you organize your books in a manner that is creative and will help remind you of good times prior to closing your eyes for the night.
Organizing your books by your bed is an individual preference. Perhaps an organized bookshelf or having a book within arm's reach is what you need to make your bedroom your favorite relaxation area. Whatever helps relax you, organizing your books accordingly will provide you with the stress reliever to end your day.
Has your bedroom exploded with stuff, leaving behind a cluttered mess? The ideas in this tip will help you handle the problem ...
Does your bedroom keep getting full of junk, no matter how many times you clean it? Or is this a once-in-awhile problem? ...
More than any room in your home, your bedroom is supposed to be a safe haven. It is the place you lay your head down at the ...