Keeping Kids Toys Under Control
Helping your children keep toys under control is a great way to maintain an organized home without losing your sanity. Simple fun steps can be taken to help teach your children how to keep their loved toys under organized and under control.
- Ask your children which games are their favorites. Afterwards take their favorite toys and place them on the shelves in their rooms. Keeping your children involved in organizing their favorite toys helps them understand you care about what is important to them.
- Find trunks, cabinets, or bureau chests that you no longer use and paint the furniture with bright colors adding an extra decorative touch to your child's room, playroom, or den. Invite your children to help you paint or decorate your furniture with stickers. This is a great way to spend some quality time with your children. You may find your children will want to keep their toys in the proper places once you and they have spent so much time painting and decorating the new homes for their toys.
- Flat storage tubs with lids can store easily under beds or inside closets. The storage bins can store books and toys very easily and neatly.
- Reward your children when they place their toys in the proper locations. Perhaps a healthy snack or cookies and milk might help your children feel compensated for a job well done. Everyone likes to be recognized. Children love it!
- Do your children enjoy playing in several rooms in your home? Do you have a basement your children use as their own play area besides their rooms? Keeping some toys in the rooms your children often play in can help you and your children keep the toys under control in baskets or storage bins. The baskets or bins can be kept inside a cabinet, closet, or shelf.
- Keep control of your children's toys by putting a task on your calendar every three months to check in on your kids' toys to make sure they are still organized and under control. Letting your children know when you are planning to check on their toys may give them the incentive to organize their toys before you do your inspection.
- Do you have games that may have outlived your child's age group? Place these games in a special pile and let your children know that some fortunate child will now receive a cool game due to your child's maturity of letting his or her game go. Take those games and give them to a neighbor, church, or charity.
Keeping control of your kids' toys under control may be easier than you thought. Additionally, having your kids give you a lending hand may help your children learn the value of organization at an early age.
Nilsa is currently working on her first novel. She is author of numerous newspaper and magazine articles, and poems of which one has been published in a book of poetry. She and her husband reside in the foothills of one of Colorado's most beautiful mountains. Learn more about Nilsa...
Organizing Sheet Music
Musical talent is a great gift to possess. Having easy organized access to your sheet music will provide you with endless ...
Organizing Bathroom Magazines
Decluttering your bathroom magazines can become a fun continual task. Keeping your magazines organized and updated can ...
Organizing the New Job Search
With so many companies closing their doors, it is not unusual to hear of someone searching for a new job. Organizing ...
Get Rid of Grown Up Kids' Belongings
Why is it that when we grow up and decide to move out of Mom and Dad's home, we have a tendency to turn that home into a ...
Organizing a Girl Scout Troop
The Girl Scouts have long had a wonderful tradition in preparing girls and young women gain confidence in themselves, ...
Organizing for a Parent Teacher Conference
Parent teacher conferences can be an extremely stressful time for all concerned. However, by taking a little time and ...