Space-Saving Bedroom Storage Ideas
In today's society where less is more, storing items can be challenging. Effective and creative room designs can incorporate shelves, cabinets, bureaus as storage opportunities within a room. Save money and time by incorporating your furniture into useful storage areas in your bedroom.
- Wardrobes. Wardrobe nooks are back and more stylish than ever. Adding a wardrobe nook to your bedroom can hide excess clothes you need to store. Placing jewelry and valuables out of sight can keep your valuables safe and available when you need to use them.
- Vertical storage. Clever vertical storage designs are seen more frequently as bookshelf storage units for the bedroom. Using the entire wall within your bedroom can help you organize your room with space to spare for decorative objects. Use soft paint hues to create your own Zen space for a peaceful place to lay your head down at the end of a day.
- Big beds. The use of platform beds with multiple drawers will help store blankets, quilts, bed linens, and bedclothes versus using your closets. Save your closets for your clothes and keep your bed linens close to your bed. If you prefer a regular bed with mattress and box spring but still have several inches of room underneath your bed, storage boxes will hold your bed linens and blankets. The storage boxes will also help keep dust off your linens.
- Room dividers. The use of room dividers can help section off a bedroom for multiple uses. Placing a divider in a room can create a sitting area for nighttime reading before retiring to sleep. The divider can also be used to create a unique television area that can be hidden when not in use. Shelving for DVDs and magazines is kept out of plain sight while keeping movies in a television storage area behind the divider.
- Lofty rooms. Having a loft style guest bedroom can double as an office area for yourself or your children. When the guest bedroom is empty, you or your children can enjoy time alone for accomplishing necessary assignments. Another idea is to have a Murphy bed in the guest bedroom. When your guests are not visiting, the Murphy bed can be hidden inside a closet or wall.
- Chain gang. Cool heavy multi-colored chains can be used to hang up beds in a youngster's bed. There is plenty of room underneath the bed for storing kids' games, storage boxes, and book bags.
Using all the space within a room is crucial for saving space in the bedroom. Redesigning your bedroom with vertical bookshelves, using open areas underneath your bed or inside your closets can give you the added space you need to find inside your bedroom.
Nilsa is currently working on her first novel. She is author of numerous newspaper and magazine articles, and poems of which one has been published in a book of poetry. She and her husband reside in the foothills of one of Colorado's most beautiful mountains. Learn more about Nilsa...
Jewelry Storage Ideas
Jewelry storage can vary drastically depending on what your main objectives may be. Jewelry storage ideas can be ...
Making Your Clothes Closet Usable
Creating a usable clothes closet does not only maximize your limited living space but will provide breathing room for ...
Organizing Shopping Trips
Unnecessary trips to the stores can be a thing of the past when you organize your trips in advance. Save gas and time by ...
Organizing Your Dresser
Often one of the most overlooked aspects of keeping your bedroom looking good is to have a nicely organized dresser. ...
Bedroom Spring Cleaning
Is your bedroom so bad that you feel that you are avoiding it? Spring cleaning is a great way to reclaim your sanctuary. ...
Organizing Books By the Bed
Having your favorite books by your bed can make it much easier to find some well-deserved relaxation time. Bedtime ...