Finding Time for Yourself
We all have days filled with task lists that, if completed, would easily exceed the available 24 hours in the day. Allowing errands that we must do to overtake our lives forfeits the importance of life in itself. Permitting moments for relaxing is a first step to finding time for yourself throughout your day.
- Know yourself. Think of your personality and lifestyle. What methods work for you with allowing time to pamper yourself? Do you need to block time off in your planner? Perhaps scheduling a lunch date or an after-work beverage with your pals is the magic to relaxing. Whatever it is, do it. Everyone is an individual; find your magic relaxation method and go for it!
- Spas. Manicures, pedicures, and massages are at the top of the list for many individuals as their most relaxing moments of the week or month. Schedule one. Find the best time of the day or week and put it in your schedule. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself to a wonderful massage, be it for your feet, hands, or body. Gentlemen, times have changed. It is very permissible to book, for yourself, a manicure and pedicure. You will be the best spokesperson for your firm with the best hands to show off your PowerPoint presentation.
- Shows. Have you had the greatest desire to see a movie or concert, but cannot seem to take time to research the information? Schedule it; research the information and then buy the tickets. Having spent the money on tickets will prompt you to block out time in your schedule for you. Take a significant other with you to see the show. You will be happy you did!
- Work at work. Do your best to complete your work on time. Leaving work on time allows you the extra moments in the day to splurge for yourself. Leaving work on time can give you the time to take a hike, bike ride, bubble bath before dinner, time for reading a couple of chapters of your favorite book, or simply time to be with your loved ones.
- Sleep. If you find you will have an extra busy day ahead of you, hit the sack a few minutes early the night prior and turn your clock time back a few minutes. Start earlier than normal for your long day. You will find the extra sleep time the night prior will help rest you up for your busy day. You can still have time and energy to relax and do things you enjoy doing at the end of your long day.
Many people in today's society find it difficult to allow time for themselves. Finding relaxation time in your day can help the busiest person become more productive than someone who will not allow time to be his or her best friend.
Who doesn't need a little extra help when it comes to college? If you have been to college, then you remember how ...
Are you, or someone you know, interested in learning a little more about time management? Well, instead of using the same ...
Time management courses can either be the greatest thing since sliced bread, or the biggest waste of time. If you have ...