Everyone knows that storage bins come in all shapes and sizes, and that there are some truly unique and interesting options available. The biggest trick is learning which ones will work best to keep your garage neat and clean, or your craft room organized, or even your kitchen looking its best. Here are a few guidelines that you can use to help you decide.
- Labeling. Groceries such as rice, flour, sugar and pasta can be emptied in the appropriate bin with a tight fit lid enabling you to throw away plastic or paper bags. Tagging is essential for ease of use.
- What is the purpose? Bins with wheels, or casters, for dirty washing may be conveniently placed in the bedrooms, hopefully stopping kids and other family members from leaving dirty clothes on the floor. A larger can or plastic been lined with a washable inner bag and a lid in the bathroom may be just the thing to teach everyone to place dirty clothes in it as soon as the person is undressed. It is always a good idea to place a bag of lavender or some other light, natural scent just inside your dirty washing bins.
- Transparent is helpful. Whether you are using a storage bin to store clothes, food, or other items away for future use, it never hurts to have one that is transparent. The reason for this is that you can easily see through the sides, and get an idea of what you have in the bin. This, in conjunction with the labeling will help you to find exactly what you are looking for with minimal fuss.
- Tight lids. An absolute necessity for storage bins is that it have an air tight, and if possible water tight, lid. This will help protect whatever you put into them from damaging accidental leaks (such as if the roof leaks or a pipe bursts). Another side benefit from having these tight lids is that they will help prevent bugs or rodents from getting in and ruining your stored items.
- Be fun. If at all possible, use your imagination when decorating storage bins that will be in semi-public places such as bedrooms. Interesting bins for children's toys are available in many shops. Many of them have wheels or casters, and can be wheeled into place. Neat, transparent bins or boxes are ideal for storing play station games, CD's and DVD's.
Storage lockers can be a bit of a hassle to organize, but once you know what to do, the time you spend doing it now will save ...
When you run out of storage space in your home, public storage can be a life saver. However, when you don't take the time to ...
If you have many pairs of shoes in your home, you may be unsure of how to keep these shoes stored and organized in the best ...