Everyone runs out of much needed storage space every now and again. When this happens, one of the most common solutions is to get a space at one of the local public storage places. What many people do not realize though when they begin to look into their public storage options, is that if they are not careful, they will quickly find themselves with all kinds of new problems. That's where these questions come in. If you ever find yourself faced with the need to rent or lease a public storage space, then simply pull out these questions and write down your answers. By the time you are finished answering these questions, you will not only have extra space that you need, but also know exactly what you are in for.
- What are your needs? Before you begin looking around for your storage space, you will need to know roughly how much space you are going to need. This is important since you will be getting exactly the amount of space you pay for. Guestimate how much space you will need, and then use that number when you call or visit the different public storage companies.
- Is this short term, or long? Do you need the storage space for a long time, or will it only be for short amount of time? Since the length of time you will be using the space can often directly affect the price you will be paying, it is a good idea to have an idea of how long you will need the space for.
- Is the rate going to change? When you are quoted a price from a storage company, make sure that you know if it is going to be the regular monthly rate, or if it is a "promotional" rate that will change. Just as when you rent an apartment or house, often a public storage place will offer a promotional rate for the first month or so, then change it back later on.
- What are the terms? Make sure that you are fully aware with all the terms and conditions that a lease will entail. Are the managers able to inspect your rental unit without prior consent? Do they have limitations on what you are able to store there? The terms and conditions, though broadly similar, can differ greatly between different storage facilities.
- What if you are late with a payment? No one really likes to think that they will be late for a payment; but let's face it, it does happen. Does the company give you a grace period? If so how long of one? What will they do if you are late with a payment? Be sure that you are familiar with this, because things do happen.
- Are there any amenities? Storage facilities typically have different amenities. Is the facilities climate controlled? Is there an onsite manager there 24/7? How about security, is there a security guard or a secured entrance?
Storage lockers can be a bit of a hassle to organize, but once you know what to do, the time you spend doing it now will ...
Whether we are moving, or getting things ready for storage, there are going to be times when we need to pack some boxes. ...
In today's world, it is extremely easy to find yourself with a huge collection of media, and no idea what to do with it. ...