The frustrations start when we have so many images all in one uncategorized place on our computer that finding a specific photo is almost impossible. Save time and frustration following the simple steps below.
- It will be worth your while to map on paper where and how you want to arrange your images, thus saving time later.
- Create the folders where you are going to save your images. You can create your own folders or download ready-made galleries from the Internet.
- Download the images to your computer immediately to save time and frustration later.
- Tagging is the answer to proper indexed images. Images listed from 1 to wherever or from A to Z can be confusing as you need to look at each image to see what it is. Proper descriptive names are the answer as a glance at the name is enough.
- Categorizing is a must. On your paper map list all the categories you will need: Family members, pets, friends, holidays, and so forth.
- Keep in mind that images and photo's can become storage suckers because of their size. Make sure that the image organizer you use has a reliable cropping and resize tool. You want to shrink images but not to the point of losing quality.
- Regular back-ups are essential. Remember not to make the mistake of creating a back—up to the same hard disk your images are stored on as there will be a definite loss of images when something should go wrong with that disk. While it is a good idea to copy images to a memory stick to carry with you, it is not a safe place to store your image back-ups to. Invest in good quality DVD's to ensure the best and safest store medium.
To sum it all up let's have a look at the essentials again:
- Decide where your images should be stored on your hard disk.
- Create the folders where you are going to save your images before you do anything else.
- Download the images to your computer as soon as possible.
- Tagging is the answer to proper indexed images.
- Be aware of the size of the photo's and images.
- Regular back-ups are essential.
Enjoy saving and organizing your images to your satisfaction, and to do so while you enjoy it too!
One of the drawbacks to being an artist is that you need a lot of space. Anyone that is an artist can tell you that they ...
Your creative juices are flowing, but where to work on those projects? Just don't have room or simply can't find what you ...
Whether you have children that need to be entertained, or you simply have a few hobbies of your own, an activity hub can ...