Portable moving storage is a great way to move your home or office, and can even be an attractive method for creating more storage space. However, how do you know if you are getting the best deal that you possibly can? What does this method for storing and moving really entail? Before you go and jump on this latest storage fad, here are some guidelines to help you ensure that you don't get taken for a ride.
- Look around. If you are looking to use a portable moving storage company, then you need to look around at as many different ones as possible. This means that you don't simply open the phone book and go with the first company that you come across. Rather, you need to make a list of different companies that you plan on interviewing, and then actually interview them.
- Get recommendations. Contact friends, family members, other businesses, and even the Better Business Bureau to get recommendations for companies that other people have used. Write the names down as you get them, on a single list. This way when you later interview these portable moving storage companies, you will have everything on hand for comparison.
- Ask questions. As you are calling around to the companies, make sure that you are a lot of questions. Are they bonded and insured? Do they drop the containers off, and then pick them up later on? When they do remove the containers, where are they stored? How easy will it be to access your items after they have been stored? What is the time limit for storage? Once you request your items to be delivered, how long is it before they are usually brought to you? Write the answers to these, and any other questions that you can think of, down for later comparison.
- Get estimates. Be sure that you get an estimate for how much the portable moving storage company will cost you. Not all services will charge the same, and may actually have different rates for different amounts of storage. Make sure that you know exactly what each price quote will cover, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything. Write down the estimates for each company on the list for later comparison.
- Compare answers. After you have called around to the last company, it is time to compare the different answers. By going back over the list you have compiled, you will be able to find exactly the portable moving storage that will suit your needs. Do not simply choose one that will be the least expensive, but rather the one that will provide the best value. Remember, this is going to be one of those times that you get what you pay for, and you don't want to have all your possessions disappear on you. Choose carefully.
Do you dread getting your Christmas decorations out of storage each season because you know that you didn't pack them ...
Whether we are moving, or getting things ready for storage, there are going to be times when we need to pack some boxes. ...
If you love to read, are looking for a little more storage or simply want a little practice at carpentry, then why not ...