Christmas Decoration Storage
Christmas is fat upon us. This means that it is time to not only think of paying credit card bills that will soon show up in your mailbox but it is also time think of Christmas decoration cleanup. Having an organized method for putting away the Christmas decorations can make the aftermath of the holiday a joyous non-backbreaking festivity.
- Do you have a place designated for your Christmas decorations? Having a specific location for your decorations can make the putting away part of the cleanup easier. Knowing where the containers and bags will be placed will save time and energy.
- Sturdy plastic bins will help keep Christmas decorations in excellent condition for the following year's celebration. Picking up bins at flea markets, garage sales, and discount stores can save you big dollars in comparison to money used to replace crushed bows, ornaments and lights.
- Having bins labeled with the decoration names will help with the storing process. Label the storage bins on both sides to make identification quicker. Once you have emptied the decoration box place the empty decoration box into the storage bin you will store the decorations.
- Remember to place the heavier boxes and storage bins on the bottom of your storage area. Placing heavy items can destroy fragile ornaments.
- Store similar decorations together. Keeping bows, ribbons, and gift box labels next to the wrapping paper will make storing the Christmas decorations a snap. You will find the storing of similar items easier to find Christmas decorations when you are searching for the Christmas tree lights and you find the lights right next to the Christmas tree.
- Store the Christmas items you will be likely to use earlier in the Christmas season near the front of the Christmas decorations area. Keeping outside lights near the front of the Christmas decorations will make it quick to find and decorate your home. If you decorate your Christmas tree first, placing your Christmas tree and tree ornaments near the front of the Christmas decorations storage unit.
- Discard Christmas ornaments that you will no longer use. Christmas decorations that have served their time and can no longer be used will only take up necessary storage area. Place a sticky note to a storage box of items to be purchased for the following year's decorations. Tremendous sales are offered after the Christmas holiday allowing you to purchase beautiful items at a much-discounted cost. Place the newer items in the appropriate storage bins for safekeeping throughout the year.
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year for many. Enjoy the many memorable times spent with family and friends. Do not stomp out the holiday cheer by dreading the coming of the storing of Christmas decorations day.
Nilsa is currently working on her first novel. She is author of numerous newspaper and magazine articles, and poems of which one has been published in a book of poetry. She and her husband reside in the foothills of one of Colorado's most beautiful mountains. Learn more about Nilsa...
Organizing Books By the Bed
Having your favorite books by your bed can make it much easier to find some well-deserved relaxation time. Bedtime ...
Organizing Computer Files
Computer files can become your best friend or your worst enemy while you work. Keeping computer files easy to recognize ...
Organizing Shopping Trips
Unnecessary trips to the stores can be a thing of the past when you organize your trips in advance. Save gas and time by ...
Christmas is an exciting time of year with all the parties, gift buying, Christmas baking and the list just goes on. Soon ...
If you are throwing a party, you will need to prepare for the event beforehand. Organize a date, guest list, food ideas, ...
Setting Holiday Goals
When the Holidays start coming around, it is pretty normal for stress and anxiety to increase almost exponentially. One ...