Storing Thanksgiving Decorations
Traditionally speaking, Thanksgiving marks the start of the holiday season for many people. While it is great to think about your family and friends gathered around and enjoying each other's company, it's also easy to forget the mess that can come after wards. If you would like to save your favorite Thanksgiving decorations, and the memories associated with them, then try storing them properly.
- Chose a dedicated spot. Having a dedicated spot or location in your home or garage that you use to store your Thanksgiving decorations can help you immensely when it comes time to put them away. The reason is that you will always know exactly where your decorative items are and you will reduce the chance of them getting mixed up with something else. It's never fun to lose a favorite decoration, buy a new one, only to find the original one again at a latter date.
- Get sturdy containers. When looking for something to store your decorations in, you will want to use containers that won't collapse too easily. The best things to use are some sturdy plastic bins that you can easily open and close. The plastic will help protect your decorations from mold, mildew, and moisture while also keeping your decorations safe from getting crushed.
- Labeling is key. As you begin packing everything away, make sure you take time to label the boxes. This way you will be able to notice at a glance exactly where everything is and what is in the boxes. Don't just label the boxes with what is inside them though, also write down the room that the decorations go in so that you don't have to worry about sorting through everything later.
- Pack correctly. Whether you are packing the items in the boxes or the boxes themselves, remember to place the heavier items at the bottom. This will protect your favorite items from getting damaged or crushed accidentally. In addition to this, be sure that you develop a method for packing the items you wish to store. For example, you can place all the similar decorations in the same box, or you can even pack according to rooms. The best methods though would be to pack using a combination of these two methods.
- Store only what you want. Be sure that when you are storing your items that you only hold onto the items that you like or plan on using again. Many people feel that they have to store everything. Luckily this isn't really the case. Only store the items that you will be sure to use again in the future. For anything that you either do not like anymore, or simply don't have a need of, get rid of it. Either discard it, or donate it to a local charity. Don't let it keep taking up your valuable storage space.
Thanksgiving is supposed to be a memorable time for family and friends. Make the most out of the future holidays by ensuring you protect the memories you make today.
Road trips can either be one of the most fun and enjoyable experiences that you and your family can have, or it can be a ...
Family meals can very simply be a nightmare if they are not approached with care. Organizing a family meal used to be one ...
Whether you are in junior high, high school, or even college, there will come a time when you need to write a history ...