If you use tools often, you might find that it can be difficult to keep everything organized. Things can get put away in random places, left out, or simply thrown into a disorganized box or bin.
Although the disorganized approach to storing tools may seem easy, it is going to make finding what you need when you need it quite annoying and maybe even time-consuming. Especially if you use tools a lot, you will definitely want to implement a system of organization for your tools that works well for your situation.
Everyone has a preference when it comes to storing and organizing things. Think of the following ideas when getting ready to organize your tools, and pick an option that works for you:
- First of all, gather all of your tools together. With everything right in front of you, spend a few minutes grouping different tools in piles that are alike. For instance, you could put hammers together, specific sizes of nails together, and flathead screwdrivers together. You might choose to be general (group all screwdrivers together) or a little more specific (flathead screwdrivers in one pile and Philips in another). It's up to you, and it really depends on how many tools you own. Also, remember that if you have tools that you don't need, you might as well get rid of them so they aren't taking up space. Sell or donate these tools so someone else can use them.
- Now that everything is grouped, you will need to choose how you want to organize everything. You have several possible options for this. Some great ideas for organization include drawers, a toolbox, or shelves.
- If you plan on using drawers, assign different groups of tools to each drawer. Label what is kept in each drawer, and consider adding drawer organizers to keep items even neater.
- You might prefer a more portable way of storing your tools: a toolbox. Many toolboxes come ready with compartments for easy organization, so this can be a great way to store your tools.
- For shelf organization, get small bins to place on each shelf. Put different groups of tools in each bin and be sure to label them. This is a simple way to organize tools with things you may already have in your home or garage—old bins or containers and beat-up shelves work great!
Although your tools may start out as a mess, you can quickly and easily store them so they look neat and organized.
An English student who enjoys writing and art, Karen has had her poetry published in her university's literary journal and has several novels in the works. Learn more about Karen...
Having a clean kitchen is important to your health and the overall feel of the room. Be sure to clean different areas of ...
To keep your appliances working correctly, you should take proper care of them. Clean them regularly to help them last.
Planning an Outdoor Kitchen
Do you love preparing food and entertaining friends and family? An outdoor kitchen could make a great addition to your ...
Safe Garage Organization
Is your garage neat and organized? If not, be sure that you don't forget one of the most important aspects of proper ...
Keep Your Garage and Car Organized
Whether you are organizing your car, or your garage you are going to be doing the same thing. Here is how you go about ...
Choosing Tool Racks
Tool racks can be a great help when it comes to organizing your tools and gardening equipment. Only one problem, and that ...