Organizing a Weekend Getaway
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated November 7, 2019)
Would you like to be able to getaway and recharge your batteries? While it would be nice to getaway for as long as possible, there are times when we can only getaway for a couple of day. This type of vacation is usually called a weekend getaway. However, just because this type of vacation is only two days long at most, doesn't mean that it is any easier to organize. Organizing a weekend getaway sometimes requires a little extra effort. Here's how you do it.
- Select a location. Start of by deciding where you would like to go. Do you want to stay in the same town, or possibly hop on an airplane? If you live near a coast, there is also the possibility of taking a quick little cruise. Maybe you would like to go to a beautiful little bed and breakfast for a relaxing getaway. Take your time, consider your options, and then make your choice.
- Make a list. Lists are generally a good thing, and when organizing a weekend getaway, they can only help you. Take time to make a list of everything that you will need to do to get ready for your mini-vacation, as well as everything that you will need to take with you. Use these lists to help ensure that you take only what you need to take with you, and that you have gotten everything ready to go.
- Give yourself time. When organizing your weekend getaway, be sure that you give yourself enough time. Enough time to not only get everything ready, but also enough time to enjoy yourself and to recharge your batteries. You do not want to come back from your vacation feeling like you need another vacation. Be sure that you have enough time to get to your destination, have fun, and return. Do not focus only on one aspect of your getaway to the exclusion of others.
- Get everything ready. Before you begin your getaway make sure that you have everything ready. Do you have the plane tickets, reservations, funds, and so on prepared for your departure? If you have a pet, will you be taking it with you, or are you having someone watch it for you? If you have children, are they going with you or are they going to be staying with someone else? Each of these things needs to be taken care of before you leave. And finally, be sure that you turn the lights off, and that the sink isn't running.
- Have fun! All that you have left to do now is go and enjoy yourself. Remember that your getaway is supposed to relax you, not stress you out.