Organizing Shopping Trips
With gas prices on the rise, finding ways to reduce trips to the stores can be a major time and money saver. Who wouldn't want to save time and money? Saving money on gas does not mean you have to sell your trucks or SUVs in order to continue your shopping trips. Organizing your trips to the stores can help you keep your vehicles and still get your shopping done.
- Lists. Keep a pad handy in your kitchen to jot down grocery items when you finish them. As you finish up food items, write them on your grocery list. Keep your lists organized. Keep perishable items on one section of your pad with non-perishable items on the other side of your pad. Keep a mental picture of how your favorite grocery store is laid out. Try to organize your shopping list in the same manner to expedite your shopping time in and out of the aisles.
- Grouping items. When you are in the grocery store, try to place like items together. It will make it easier when you get to the check-out counter and your grocery bagger will like you even more. If you want certain food items in one bag, let your bagger know. It will make your life easier when you return home and start unpacking your groceries.
- Plan travels. Consolidate your travels. Write miscellaneous items on the bottom of your grocery list or place another pad in your kitchen to jot down items needed from a bookstore or your office supply store. Combine shopping trips to make the most of the stores you need to visit. Purchase your one or two office supply items at the grocery store instead of driving 20 minutes out of your way to shop at a different office. You will find that you may save money shopping at one store versus driving to several stores for the purchase of one or two items.
- Research. Before heading out to your favorite clothes stores plan ahead. Browse through your favorite stores' Websites to find sales you can hit for the items on your list. Print out the coupons and bring them with you. You may find that your top favorite store may not be carrying the items you need while your second or third favorite stores are not only carrying the items you want but they are also on sale.
- Outfit planning. Coordinate clothes shopping items by categories. It helps you to be flexible. You may have one color in mind but when you arrive at the clothing store you realize that a different pair of slacks fits better and looks better with a different color sweater. However prior to marching your items to the cash register think about shoes, accessories, and other items that will make your attire complete. Does it make sense to purchase those great fitting slacks and sweater if you have to purchase three other items to make an ensemble?
Whether you are a self-proclaimed shopoholic or try to avoid store shopping like the plague, keeping your shopping trips organized will help you avoid making excess trips to the store.
Family meetings are great for a multitude of reasons. Not only are they able to help keep family members in touch with ...
If you are throwing a party, you will need to prepare for the event beforehand. Organize a date, guest list, food ideas, ...
Family meals can very simply be a nightmare if they are not approached with care. Organizing a family meal used to be one ...