Create a Space Saving Kitchen
Written by Lee Wyatt (last updated August 12, 2021)
Most people have had to live with a really small kitchen at some point in their lives. While one of the possible solutions to dealing with this is to do a complete renovation of your kitchen, that could be considered just a tad expensive. A more reasonable idea would be to create a space saving kitchen with what you have on hand already. Here are a few ideas that you can use that will help you create a little more space in your kitchen, and best of all you don't necessarily need to use all of these methods in order to get that extra space.
- Organize. Organizing your kitchen is one of the best ways to possibly save space in your kitchen. By periodically making sure that you have properly organized your kitchen, you will be able to consolidate the existing items into a smaller area. Usually, this is accomplished by making sure that you contain the clutter, and sprawl of kitchen appliances that many kitchens experience.
- Maximize your space. Usually we only have one option when it comes to dealing with a small kitchen, and that is to maximize the existing space that we have to it's fullest. One way that you can do this is through the use of cabinet organizers, and drawer organizers. These items will help you to be able to get the most out of the existing space, and help to keep your kitchen organized at the same time.
- Add storage if possible. If at all possible, see if you can add any extra storage. This doesn't mean that you need to actually expand your kitchen, but rather see if you can use furniture and other kitchen items in more ways than just one. For example, if you have a bakers rack in your kitchen, you can use it not only for decoration, but also for storing your plates, linens, and bake ware.
- Choose your gadgets. One really creative space-saving idea for your kitchen is to use specifically designed gadgets to help you out. For example if you like to drink coffee, but find yourself running out of counter space, then use a coffee maker that hangs down from your cabinets. These "space-saving" appliances are becoming more and more common in just about every department and home improvement store across the country.
- Decorate to save space. Another great space-saving kitchen idea is to actually use decorating principles to help you save space. For example, one great way that you can save valuable cabinet space is by using a "hanging organizer" for your pots and pans. Not only will this free up space in your cabinets, but it will also add a nice touch of elegance to your kitchen.
Contributor of numerous Tips.Net articles, Lee Wyatt is quickly becoming a regular "Jack of all trades." He is currently an independent contractor specializing in writing and editing. Contact him today for all of your writing and editing needs! Click here to contact. Learn more about Lee...
When to Hire a Home Inspector
A home inspector is one of the best ways to find out what the general condition of your home is. The question is, do you ...
Who doesn't love snickerdoodle cookies? These cookies have long been a favorite in households around the country, and ...
Waxing a floor is something that any homeowner can do, and frankly something that should be done on a regular basis to ...
Being Organized When Washing Dishes
Do you have a hard time getting your dishes clean? It may actually be due to the way that you wash them, rather then ...
Tips for Plastic Containers
Over the years, kitchens tend to gather all sorts of things that seem to do nothing but add to clutter. Plastic ...
The kitchen should be a neat and organized area. Using a pantry can help you to easily store items and keep them in a ...